Experiencing the move of the Spirit on a daily basis should be the daily reality of every believer as that is the desire of God for his children. Howbeit, many times, we often want to think that experiencing the move of the Spirit is only restricted to when we are in church, some spiritual gatherings and times when we are making some personal heartfelt prayers. These experiences in themselves are good, but there is much more to that.
God’s promise of the outpouring of the Spirit as recorded in Joel in Joel 2 vs 28 is to an end-That we may dream dreams and see visions.
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
It is evident that God wants to reveal his accurate will to us. But firstly, he expects that we become students of the word. He wants to show us things we never knew and bring us to practically experience the move of the Spirit beyond reading the letter of the word.
No matter how busy our daily schedule may be, we have the responsibility of creating an atmosphere (Zion) to experience the move of God’s Spirit. To do this, these few tips can help:
1. Pick a suitable time daily to study the Word of God. It could mean starting with a 15 minutes study plan. At such time, be sure to give in your full attention to studying and avoid any form of distraction.
2. Get a journal to write down lessons on what the Holy Spirit is revealing to you.
3. Trust the Holy Spirit to speak to you while you study because he sure will.
4. As you go about your daily activities, think on the word of God.
5. Apply the word of God to daily living.
In conclusion, experiencing the move of the Spirit isn’t just for a select few, but for every child of God. If you desire the move of the Spirit in your life, start by first putting your ear close to the heart of the father and trusting him speak to you.
By ‘Wunmi Adegoke